Dutch software vendor Exact reported its 1H 2012 results results and updated the market on its future strategic direction. Highlights include:
- Reports strong SaaS growth (+45%) in the Benelux, SaaS now 6% of total revenues and 35% of license revenues
- Announces restructuring into Cloud Solutions (Exact Online) and Business Solutions (on-premise) units
- Directs new investments into Cloud Solutions business unit
- Reorganises for (international) growth of Exact Online in the UK, Germany, France and in the US
To address Exact Online growth, Exact is following the textbook SaaS business expansion paths in its core software offerings, its horizontal and vertical solutions, and its partner ecosystem (see figure below).
SaaS Core Expansion
Exact is growing the SaaS core through:
- Features & functionality: adding new business processes like Exact Online CRM
- API: providing interfaces to banks, accountants and software partners
- Mobility: providing Exact Online iOS and Android mobile clients
We expect more Exact offerings to be cloudified. HRM looks like a prime candidate to follow CRM. In addition, we expect further developments of APIs into more horizontal solutions (project administration, collaboration, etc.) and mobility client expansion to Windows 8.
Continue reading this blog on the website of The METISfiles.